Administrative Assistant Job Description
Seeking a highly organized Administrative Assistant to provide support for managing the Village of the Coastside. We're a small membership organization empowering older adults to continue living active and connected lives in their own homes, through community and mutual support.
The Village of the Coastside, part of an innovative nationwide movement, features many opportunities for active engagement in the community, social events and interest groups, transportation, personalized referrals, friendly visits, minor home repairs, and computer help.
Title: Administrative Assistant, part-time
- Start Date: January 2019
- Reports to: Chairman of Management Team
- Salary: up to $25/hour, depending on experience
- Schedule: up to 20 hours/week, flexible schedule and hours
Location: Candidate will work from home and attend some meetings
- Administrative work using our computer management system: Club Express.
- Enter and update member and volunteer data, and maintain files.
- Respond and follow through on requests for volunteer assistance from members.
- Monitor background checks and DMV Renewals.
- Respond to phone calls and e-mails, and make referrals.
- Attend occasional meetings and member events.
- Create flyers and event calendar.
- Copy and mail monthly newsletter.
- Review bank reconciliation statements.
- Administrative experience.
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new programs/apps.
- Strong organizational and project management skills; able to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good people skills; clear and warm-hearted communicator.
- Ethical and compassionate.
- Committed to the mission of the Village of the Coastside.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Able to pass a background check and maintain confidential information.
Submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about
our events & register.
Donate to help us expand our services.